Dineen Pashoukos Wasylik
The Florida Bar has certified Dineen as an expert in both intellectual property law and appellate practice – making Dineen the only lawyer in Florida simultaneously certified in both of these practice areas.
Dineen focuses the intellectual property side of her practice on copyright, trademark, and trade dress litigation and counseling. She also has extensive experience litigating trade secrets and business torts cases, often securing a positive resolution for the client without the need of a trial. Dineen has litigated cases concerning the protection of the shape of faucets, the protection of a design on airport shuttle vans, the names of check cashing stores, the scope of a copyright in a trivia quiz, several cases involving the protection of software, and the proper royalty to be paid to the owners of sound recordings for webcasting of their performances. She was also among the first lawyers to litigate the scope of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act safe harbor provisions, and helped protect internet service providers from subpoenas from the recording industry.
Dineen’s appellate practice began with a clerkship for the Hon. Susan H. Black of the Federal Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. She has written both merits briefs and amicus curiae briefs before the United States Supreme Court and numerous Federal courts of appeals. Dineen also frequently appears in each of the Florida district courts of appeal.
Awards & Recognitions
- Martindale‐Hubbell recognizes Dineen as an AV® rated lawyer, the highest such rating available to any individual lawyer.
- SuperLawyers (2015, 2016)
- Florida’s Legal Elite (2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016)
- Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers, Intellectual Property (2012‐2014)
- Avvo Rating of 10.0.
Professional Leadership Positions
- 2016-17 President, Women Lawyers of Pasco (2015‐16 Board Member)
- 2015-16 President Elect, East Pasco Bar
- 2014‐15 Chair, Intellectual Property Committee of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- 2013‐15 Co‐Chair, Appellate Section, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- 2011‐13 Co‐Chair, Intellectual Property Section, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Georgetown University Club of Tampa, Law School Liaison
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Federal Bar Association (FBA), Tampa Chapter
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL)
- Women Lawyers of Pasco (WLP), charter member
- Rotary Club of Wesley Chapel Noon
- Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce
Writing and Teaching
Dineen is a prolific author on both intellectual property and appellate procedure topics. Her articles have been featured in the Florida Bar Appellate Section’s Record Magazine, as well as the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer Magazine. Dineen founded the Florida Appellate Procedure Blog, found at http:// FloridaAppellate.com. She also frequently teaches continuing legal education classes to other lawyers throughout Florida.
State Bar Admissions
- New York
- District of Columbia
Federal Trial and Appellate Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- First Circuit
- Fourth Circuit
- Ninth Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit
- District of Columbia Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Middle District of Florida (FLMD)
- Southern District of Florida (FLSD)
- District for the District of Columbia (DDC)
Georgetown University Law Center, Juris Doctor cum laude Cornell University, Bachelor of Science Brentwood High School, Brentwood, New York (Salutatorian)
Personal and Civic
Dineen lives in a suburb of Tampa with her husband, attorney Michael Alex Wasylik, and their two children.
When not practicing law or spending time with her family, Dineen serves as chartered organization representative for three Wesley Chapel area Boy Scout units, and completed Wood Badge Course S4‐86‐13. Dineen is an active member of the Rotary Club of Wesley Chapel Noon. She is also an avid reader and amateur photographer.